Sunday 13 October 2013

Dawn Princess – Venice to Sydney August 2013 – Post 6


Civitavecchia  4/9

Though this is the port for Rome, as the ship was only here for the day I decided to stay in the local
town and indulge in one of my favourite pastimes – going for lunch. Nick and I will visit Rome another time.

Other shipping in the port.

I really like the look of these Disney ships. My friend Bill Miller very aptly described these as
looking like something out of Popular Mechanics in the fifties.
Another Italian port and another great lunch.



Late afternoon sailing.


Livorno 5/9

This is the port for Florence and Pisa but as I had been given an invitation to visit the brand new Royal Princess, also in port that day, that’s what I did. I’ll put the photos from that visit in a separate post.



Royal Princess already berthed

Dawn Princess, taken from on board Royal Princess.



Royal Princess letting go to follow us out of the harbour.



No comments:

Post a Comment