Thursday 25 September 2014

Diamond Princess - Japan cruises - September 2014 - Post 1

On 28th August I flew to Tokyo via Singapore to join Diamond Princess, one of my favourite ships, for two back to back nine night cruises around Japan. Having sailed to Japan several times in the early 1980s and again in 2000 and 2007, and worked in Tokyo for three months in 1993, I was keen to see some other Japanese ports as well as revisit old haunts. As usual the cruises were excellent with very good food and great service. My flights with Singapore Airlines were excellent too.



Great wining and dining on the flight to Singapore.



Nearing Tokyo


Tokyo
 
On a Tokyo train.
I assume this is in response to problems several years ago when young women were being groped on the peak hour trains which are so packed that they couldn't get away.
Sunday in Shibuya, near where I used to live.
 

Presentation is paramount in Japanese shops - especially for foodstuffs.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment